The warmer weather is finally here and that means its spring cleaning season! Keeping a large custom home built by Norman Graham Builders in tip-top shape requires a tidying up every once in a while and spring is the perfect time to do so.
Open those windows, pull out the dust rags and brooms, and borrow a few of these spring cleaning tips from our list to get you started.
- Appliance Cleaning –Give special attention to some of those areas that don’t receive as much care the rest of the year. Appliances like your dishwasher, oven, or refrigerator are great candidates for a good cleaning once spring rolls around.
- Declutter – In the winter months you tend to find that junk accumulates throughout the home. Whether its papers, winter necessities like boots and jackets, or other items, now is the time to put these items in their proper place.
- Dust, Sweep and Vacuum – Give your home the deluxe cleaning package. Dust ceiling fans and other hard to reach areas, sweep your hardwood floors, and vacuum and shampoo those carpets that tend to accumulate quite a bit of dirt and debris over the winter months.
- Odds & Ends – Clean up that lime buildup around your faucets and keep those bathrooms looking bright and new by deep cleaning the bathroom grout. If cleaning isn’t an option, consider replacement.
- Wash Windows & Clean Screens – Let in all that spring sunshine and fresh Lancaster County air! Give your windows a good cleaning and don’t forget the screens.
We hope you find this list useful for getting started on your spring cleaning checklist. A clean and organized home is a great place to come home to, especially when you have a gorgeous custom home or elegant renovation to enjoy from the experts at Norman Graham Builders.