We’re willing to bet you know the first rule of real estate. “Location, location, location” helps determine the quality of life for the local residents as well as the value of their homes when compared to other markets. Fortunately for those looking to build a custom home in the area, they’ll soon fine Lancaster County, PA is one of the best areas to build in the country.
You most likely are doing significant research about the areas you are considering living in. We wanted to make it simple for you and list some of the top reasons we find our customers are choosing to build their new home in Lancaster County. We encourage you to share this list with anyone who may be interested in the area.
- Lower Cost of Living – According to Forbes, Lancaster PA has a cost of living that is 3.4% below the national average. This is not surprising with the abundance of offerings from local farmers markets, Amish roadside stands, and more.
- Great Schools – Several local high schools were recently recognized as some of the state’s best by U.S. News & World Report. These schools include Penn Manor, Lampeter-Strasburg, Manheim Township, Ephrata, Warwick, and Conestoga Valley. The local colleges do just as well, with F&M, Elizabethtown, and Millersville all ranking in the top 1000 of America’s top colleges.
- Entertainment – There is so much to do in or nearby Lancaster County. Whether you enjoy sporting events like the Lancaster Barnstormers, amusement parks like Hersheypark, chocolate factories like Wilbur, or just want to grab a great brew at any of the many local beer houses there are plenty of entertainment options nearby. Want to save some money? Hiking, fishing, biking, and more are easily available as well.
- Seasons & Scenery – Lancaster County certainly allows you to fully experience the four seasons. Cool and rainy springs, hot summers, scenic falls, and snowy winters can all be enjoyed in one place. Whether you are one who loves the city life, or someone who prefers scenic country living, Lancaster County can accommodate both lifestyles.
- Healthy Job Market – Featuring an unemployment rate below the national average, Lancaster County is also ahead of the national average for job growth. This means more people are finding jobs, and more jobs are becoming available.
These are just a few reasons we’ve found that people love to build their new custom home in Lancaster, PA. If you’d like to learn more about the area or need help planning your dream home, simply give us a call to get started today. The team at Norman L Graham is more than happy to help!