Spring has sprung here in Lancaster, PA and the bitter cold weather may finally be behind us. To successfully master our custom home building and remodeling projects this year, keeping up with current trends is a secret to success.
If you’re curious what is trending in the home design world, we’ve put together a list of a few of the things we’ve seen in the market in the early stages of this year. You may have seen some of these ideas on popular websites such as Houzz or Zillow as well, which reinforces the trends we have seen locally.
- Openness – We’ve knocked out walls and opened up a lot of spaces here in Lancaster. People like open areas that bring “closeness” to their homes. We’ve even put together a helpful blog on perfecting an open floor plan if you need help planning your open space as it’s become more common.
- Decorative Tiles – Graphic or encaustic tiles can be used in the bathroom, kitchen, or even as part of an accent wall to make an artistic or bold statement in your home. The old, bland, white tiles you’re used to are becoming more and more a thing of the past.
- Functionality – We all have that relative or friend who has a formal dining or living room no one goes into. Realizing this is a waste of space in the home, formal dining rooms or living rooms are being replaced with livable rooms that homeowners use for a variety of alternative purposes.
- Bold fixtures – Whether you’re discussing lighting or plumbing fixtures, why not make these just as interesting as the rest of your home?
- Smarter homes – There is so much smart technology you can equip your home with today it can become a bit overwhelming. We’ve discussed in previous blogs how you can reduce your energy bills significantly by adding smart technology to your home. These include smart thermostats, water heaters, and even vents!
Now that you’ve seen what seems to be trending in the home design world for the early part of 2016, what do you think? Are you noticing anything we haven’t included here? Be sure to share some of your favorite trends on our social pages linked at the bottom of the website.
If you’d like to discuss adding these trends to your home, don’t hesitate to contact us at Norman Graham Builders and we’d be happy to help get you started on your home building or remodeling project.